The Best Bars in St. Thomas, USVI
The best souvenir to take home with you from the USVI isn’t something you can buy in a store (although some of these places have some pretty awesome gift shops), it’s the memories that you make. In the spirit of making great memories, we put together a list of some of the best and most unique bars in St. Thomas!
Hull Bay Hideaway
Described perfectly as a hidden (seriously it’s hard to find) gem, the Hull Bay Hideaway is the best kept secret in St. Thomas! You won’t find many tourists here, mostly locals looking to indulge in the Hideaway’s Presidente Burger Combo. Get there early on a busy day and you might have a chance to order the Fresh Catch of the Day – fish so fresh it slept in the ocean the night before. Beware, visitors of HBH claim they still crave the fish tacos long after they leave the islands! They offer daily specials and local bands perform on the weekends.
- Hours: Open 10am-10pm Tuesday through Thursday, 10am-12am Friday through Monday
- Address: Rte 37, St Thomas 00802, USVI
- Islander’s Tip: If you like house-made hot sauce, then try the hottest on the islands here!
There is always something to do on the islands during the day, but when the sun goes down The Keys is the place to go. Locals describe The Keys as a “must-do” for tourists looking for nighttime entertainment, drinks, and dueling pianos. You can request a song at the Dueling Pianos on Tuesday or Thursday – Sunday night. For the brave of heart, take the stage for your own chance at fame on Wednesday nights for Karaoke. There’s no cover charge, and no excuses to miss out on this memorable experience.
- Hours: Tuesday- Sunday 8:00pm- Late
- Website: https://www.winnerscirclevi.com/
- Address: Port of Sale Mall | Havensight, 00802, St. Thomas
- Islander’s Tip: Reserve a table for a larger group!
The owners of the Rum Shandy have a passion for mixology, delicious food and good times, all of which you can find at this exclusive spot in Frenchtown, Charlotte Amalie. After traveling the world and experiencing different cultures and tastes, they decided that there was no better place than St. Thomas to start their dream bar. With events and specials every night, Rum Shandy is the perfect place to go for last minute late night plans!
- Hours: Monday – Saturday: Kitchen from 11:00am until 11:00pm, bar until ?, Sunday: Kitchen open 12:30pm until 11:00pm.
- Address: 24 Honduras, Charlotte Amalie | St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Islander’s Tip: Check out Reggae Friday’s and try one of their delicious, signature beer-cocktail shandys for an authentic island experience!
If you are looking for a place to watch the game, look no further. The Caribbean Saloon was voted the best sports bar on St. Thomas by locals, and if you don’t believe them trust the three big screen TV’s inside. There is something to please every appetite and every wallet inside the Caribbean Saloon, including local favorites, gourmet pizzas, and delicious signature steaks. Come here alone to watch the game or with a large group!
- Hours: 7 Days a week 11:30am to 4:00am
- Website: http://caribbeansaloon.com/
- Address: American Yacht Harbor, Red Hook, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
- Islander’s Tip: Pop in for one of the two daily Happy Hours, from 4-7pm & 10pm-1am!
Duffy’s Love Shack
Back when there were only four bars in the area, this island gem consisted of only four employees and one disco ball. Now, Duffy’s Love Shack is known as one of the landmark bars and one of the most unique and fun places in the Virgin Islands. Its unusual location is the result of its previous location being destroyed by a hurricane a few years back, but don’t let the look of this parking lot shack fool you. The drinks at Duffy’s are almost as fun to look at as they are to drink. Lip-lock with a plastic alligator when you take a gulp of the “Voo Doo You Doo” shooter, or share a bowl with a shark when you order a 64 oz “ Shark Tank”. Take the island home with you with a fun Duffy’s Love Shack collectible cup. Enjoy their Gourmet Dog happy hour menu daily from 3-7pm!
- Hours: 7 Days a week 11:30 am – 2am
- Website: http://www.duffysloveshack.com/
- Address: 6500 Red Hook Plaza | St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
- Islander’s Tip: Women drink free on Wednesday nights, check out the website for more awesome deals!
Iggies Beach Bar and Grill
By day, Iggies is an ocean side family-friendly restaurant serving burgers and sandwiches, at night it transforms into a Caribbean beach party with karaoke, bonfires, and live music. You won’t want to miss Iggie’s Wednesday night Cruzan Carnival Night Extravaganza which consists of live Calyspo music, fire walking, broken bottle dancing, limbo, Mocko Jumbie (stilts walking or dancing), and dancing in the sand. Local artisans set up booths to sell their handcrafted goods, and there is a Caribbean buffet that showcases local favorites and specialties. Iggies isn’t just great night time entertainment, it’s part of the local culture.
- Hours: Monday- Thursday 11:00am-12:00am, Friday-Sunday 11:00am to 1:00am
- Website: http://www.iggiesbeachbar.com/
- Address: 7150 Bolongo Bay|Saint Thomas, US Virgin Islands
- Islander’s Tip: They don’t take reservations here, so bring big groups early to avoid long wait times!
For a fun and unique experience, you will not want to miss this ice bar and gallery. Magic Ice is the largest permanent ice gallery in the world, the entirety of the exhibition is made of ice that is imported from the Arctic. If the delicious rum cocktails aren’t enough to get you raving, the crystal clear ice sculptures will. Upon arrival to Magic Ice, patrons are given a parka, gloves and leg coverings to keep you warm in the 33 degree air unknown to most of the Caribbean. The heart of the gallery is a 40 ft pirate bar made entirely of ice where you are served a rum shot in a glass made of ice. Admission to Magic Ice is $32 per person, which includes a gallery tour and a complimentary drink at the ice bar.
- Hours: daily from 9am-5pm, except Fridays, when it stays open til 8pm
- Website: http://www.magicice.vi/
- Address: 21 Dronningens Gade, Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Islander’s Tip: Don’t forget to shimmy down the ice slide inside!